RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF OBSERVERS:
Observers shall have the right to:
- be present at the meetings of electoral district and polling station committees;
- be present at polling station and observe the course of preparatory work on placing and sealing up of ballot boxes, on issuing voting papers to citizens;
- be present during counting of votes and compiling of the minutes of polling station committees;
- inquire or receive copies of documents on the results of election witnessed by respective electoral committee;
- inform of his observations the higher electoral committee provided the legislation on the election at the polling station is violated.
Observers shall be prohibited to:
- be in cabin or room for secret ballot during filling in voting paper by voter;
- influence voters, spread out any propaganda materials or literature;
- ask voters whom they voted, or render any help to voters during filling in voting paper;
- interfere in the activity of polling station committee during sealing up of ballot boxes and their unsealing, counting of votes.
From article 6 of the Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan
“On the election to the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan”