Ecological movement of Uzbekistan
Ecological Movement of Uzbekistan established on August 2, 2008 and registered by the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Uzbekistan on September 20, 2008.
The Ecological Movement of Uzbekistan has a ten percent quota (15 seats) In the Legislative Chamber of Oliy Majlis.
The governing bodies of the movement are Republican Conference, Central Kengash, its Executive committee and the Central control-revision commission.
In the Republic of Karakalpakstan, regions and Tashkent city are operating regional offices of the Ecological Movement of Uzbekistan.
Movement aspires to mobilize all forces of a society for the further deepening of the transformations carried out in the country directed on realization and strict observance of the rights of the present and the future generations of citizens of Uzbekistan for a life in a favorable environment, improvement of health of the population, protection and rational use of the whole complex of natural resources. The main slogan of the Movement “The healthy environment - the healthy person”.
Policy objectives of the Ecological Movement of Uzbekistan:
- All-round activity of public participation in work on protection of environment and improvement of ecological conditions;
- Maintenance of the system to ensure the implementation of existing laws and other government documents for the protection of the environment and promoting the further improvement and development of the law in this area;
- Increasing the responsibility of public central and local authorities, public and other agencies for execution of the accepted instruments for the protection of the environment and ensure sustainable use of resources allocated for this purpose;
- Increasing environmental awareness, the development of environmental education;
- Development of international cooperation in the field of environmental protection;
- To facilitate that the environment has become a matter of the state and society, and every citizen;
- Coordination of activity of non-governmental non-commercial organizations (NGOs’), which are the collective participants of the Movement.
Ecological Movement Of Uzbekistan is called to unite the citizens of the country supporting ideas and wishing to participate actively in protection of the environment and health of the person, convinced that ecologically focused approach in carrying out of political, economic and social reforms is the most effective way of steady development of Uzbekistan.
Eco-movement is a co-founder of the social and political newspaper «Jamiyat» and the socio-economic newspaper «Ekohayot».
For the purpose of educating the younger generation in the spirit of love and respect for the country, the formation of ecological knowledge and culture, ensuring continuous environmental education in Uzbek and Russian languages is published monthly children's environmental magazine «Buloqcha» («Spring»).
In order to promptly respond to violations of environmental laws and timely action to address them with Eco-movement has a "hot line".
"Hot line" number - (99871) 245-96-32.
The Executive Committee of the Central Kengash of the Ecological Movement located at Tashkent, Bunyodkor Avenue, 1 A.
Telephone: (99871) 227-44-95
Fax: (99871) 245-12-76